POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Babylon 5 : Re: Babylon 5 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:33:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Babylon 5
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 22 Jul 1999 11:40:51
Message: <37973BD3.B34F071D@geocities.com>
Matt Giwer wrote:

>         If I had bought a Trinitron I just might have already.
>
>         But when everyone updates to a TV of 1999 quality, B5 is going
> to look a cut above the original Star Trek but not much.

Well, I'd give it a bit more than that, but not as nice as Next Gen for
example (Aside from some of the space work). Of course one thing to
consider is that at the time, B5's budget per episode was about half that
of Next Gen. I'd have to say that their graphics were more than half as
good.

The thing the series had over the current ST at the time was in the stories
and in the non-perfect people. ST took a lot of this for Deep Space 9 (but
with lawyers and such lurking about we won't say 'stole'). Bottom line is
that for the most part, I feel the graphics were sufficient to help the
stories move along, but were not quite as good as a different TV might make
them seem.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.